I am a HUGE pancake lover and I am always on the hunt for healthy pancake recipes that taste good and aren’t the consistency of cardboard. I also prefer my pancakes to have some protein although I am not a huge fan of pancake recipes that include protein powder, so it is tough to find a recipe that can meet all of my picky requirements. But, at long last, I found one!! And it is so easy to make!
Here it is:
1/4 cup gluten-free oats (you can use regular oats if you don’t need a GF recipe)
2 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-2 tbsp. agave or pure maple syrup
1 tsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup blueberries, dark chocolate chips or whatever you like in your pancakes!
1. Using a Nutribullet (or similar type of blender), mix the oats, Greek yogurt and egg whites together. You only need to blend for about 1 second. It’s best if it’s a bit thick and all the oats aren’t totally mixed in.
2. Next, stir in the coconut flour and baking powder.
3. Add your berries, chocolate chips or whatever else you like.
4. Heat up your pan on a low heat and add the coconut oil to coat the pan.
5. Make 3 pancake blobs. Cook for a few minutes. They will firm up a bit and then not stick to the pan – that’s when it’s time to flip.
6. Voila! Add syrup!
The trick with these pancakes is the consistency. That is why I blend the ingredients at different steps. It helps the consistency be smooth and semi-liquid without being too liquidy or too thick. Enjoy!!