If you crave pizza like I do, you will love this easy recipe! It’s fast, cheap and a great healthy alternative to a traditional margherita pizza (my favorite!). This will literally only take 5 minutes of your time and all you need is 4 ingredients, which I think only cost me around $10 (and I can make quite a few pizzas out of that). The pizza is vegetarian and is only about 300 calories.
Here is what you need:
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded Vegan Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Tomato sauce (you can use pizza sauce, pasta sauce, whatever you have on hand)
1. The first step is to heat up a pan or skillet (medium/high heat). Place a tortilla in the skillet (without any butter or oil). Allow it to begin to brown the bottom. Then flip it over and turn the heat down to low.
2. On the browned side, spread the tomato sauce (as much or as little as you like).
3. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
4. Turn the heat down. Let the bottom of the tortilla brown. The cheese will slowly melt. (If it doesn’t, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds).
And there you have it. A fast, super simple, healthier version of a yummy margherita pizza. Enjoy!!